When rolling out a new product, or making changes to an old one, companies can spend significant sums on testing to determine whether customers actually like the app, device, gizmo, gadget or service. It’s a multi-million dollar industry, and one that hasn’t taken full advantage of remote technologies.
UserTesting aims to change that and has raised $45.5 million in financing from Accel Partners to aggressively grow its business beyond app and website testing to user experiences for almost any product, on-demand.
UserTesting and 6 Competitors are Competing to Reveal Why Consumers Do What They Do and What They Really Want
UserTesting.com has a panel of freelancers from across the globe who will record their screen and voice as they use a specified website. Clients can request testers from a target group. The recordings are then posted for the client to review. The results are typically ready an hour after being requested.
- DataFox Score: 1007
- Location: Mountain View, CA
- Total Funding: $48.5 million
- Recent Funding: $45 million in January 2015
- Investors: OpenView Venture Partners; Accel Partners
Applause (formerly uTest) combines in-the-wild testing services, software tools and analytics to help companies achieve the app quality they need to thrive in the modern apps economy.
- DataFox Score: 1109
- Location: Framingham, MA
- Total Funding: $162.36 million
- Recent Funding: $43 million in January 2014
- Investors: MassVentures; Egan-Managed Capital; Mesco, ltd; Scale Venture Partners; Longworth Venture Partners; Goldman Sachs; QuestMark
eXelate empowers marketers with centralized data management, better consumer insights, more accurate ad targeting across all devices and platforms to more effectively engage Omni-channel consumers at scale.
- DataFox Score: 1054
- Location: New York, NY
- Total Funding: $32 million
- Recent Funding: $12 million in September 2012
- Investors: Menlo Ventures; Trident Capital; Carmel Ventures; NewSpring Capital
Quantcast is a digital advertising company specialized in audience measurement and real-time advertising. As the pioneer of direct audience measurement in 2006, Quantcast has today the most in-depth understanding of digital audiences across the web, allowing marketers and publishers to make the smartest choices as they buy and sell the most effective targeted advertising on the market.
- DataFox Score: 1024
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Total Funding: $61.2 million
- Recent Funding: $8 million in November 2011
- Investors: Glynn Capital Management; Polaris Partners; Founders Fund; Revolution Ventures; Cisco
iPerceptions, Inc. is the inventor of Active Research™, the evolution of Customer Experience Management and Digital Analytics. The company’s solutions are powered by the Active Research™ platform, which addresses specific business objectives by capturing visitor perceptions in the ‘Moment of Truth’ using advanced engagement technologies and trusted research frameworks to drive actions in existing business processes.
- DataFox Score: 1021
- Location: New York, NY
- Total Funding: $3.65 million
- Recent Funding: Undisclosed amount in December 2014
- Investors: Wellington Financial
Compete helps the world’s top brands improve their marketing based on the online behavior of millions of consumers. Advertisers, agencies and publishers use Compete’s products and services to create engaging online experiences and profitable advertising campaigns.