DataFox Top 5 eCommerce Startups To Watch In 2015
Gilt is an online shopping destination offering its members special access to merchandise and experiences every day at insider prices. These great sales last between 36 and 48 hours. Gilt continually searches the world for the most coveted brands and products, including fashion for women, men, and children, home decor, and unique activities in select cities and destinations.
- DataFox Score: 1130
- Location: New York, NY
- Total Funding: $236 million
- Recent Funding: Unknown Amount in July 2011
- Investors: GSV Capital, DFJ Growth, Pinnacle Ventures, TriplePoint Capital, Eastward Capital Partners, Matrix Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, New Enterprise Associates, Goldman Sachs, General Atlantic, SoftBank Capital,
Etsy is a website that focuses on handmade and vintage items, as well as art and craft supplies. The items include art, photography, clothing, jewelry, edibles, quilts, and toys. Etsy is modeled after open craft fairs that give sellers personal storefronts where they can list their goods. The company charges users a flat listing fee (of 20 cents per items), and takes a commission of 3.5% off all items sold.
- DataFox Score: 1091
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Total Funding: $97.26 million
- Recent Funding: $5.61 million in May 2014
- Investors: Glynn Capital Management, Index Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Accel Partners, Acton Capital Partners, Hubert Burda Media, Manatt Venture Fund
Flipkart is an online shopping website for India. Originally, Flipkart was used to purchase books, but it now features a wide variety of items. Flipkart also has its own electronic product line called DigiFlip and its own home appliance and personal healthcare line called Citron.
- DataFox Score: 1121
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Total Funding: $2.35 billion
- Recent Funding: $600 million in November 2014
- Investors: DST Global, Naspers, Tiger Global Management, Digital Sky Technologies, Sofina, Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC), Morgan Stanley, Accel Partners, Naspers, Iconiq Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Vulcan Capital
Stella & Dot is an online social selling company offering collections of fashion jewelry, costume jewelry and accessories. Its business model combines direct sales with e-commerce, retail merchandising and social media. Stella & Dot employs independent sales entrepreneurs called Stylists, who sell jewelry, both online and in person.
- DataFox Score: 1129
- Location: San Bruno, CA
- Total Funding: $37 million
- Recent Funding: $37 million in January 2011
- Investors: Sequoia Capital
Snapdeal is an online marketplace that offers deals on branded products including electronics, apparel, accessories, and kitchenware. Snapdeal uses consumer buying trends to make recommendations on its website.
- DataFox Score: 1119
- Location: New Delhi, India
- Total Funding: $1.16 billion
- Recent Funding: $627 million in October 2014
- Investors: SoftBank Internet and Media (SIMI), Tybourne, PremjiInvest, Myriad, BlackRock, Temasek Holdings, Saama Capital, eBay, Nexus Venture Partners, Kalaari Capital, Intel Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, SoftBank, SoftBank Capital, Ru-net, IndoUS Venture Partners,