Headquarted in India, ShopClues.com raised $100 million in funding last week. ShopClues.com's online marketplace has attracted more than 85,000 merchants offering more than 10 million items to more than 5 million users.e-commerce's Face Constantly Changing Due to These Game Changers
At DataFox, we compile and curate watchlists across sectors, regions, and popular lists of top companies (e.g., High Growth eCommerce). We feature ShopClues.com and 6 other private and public companies trying to increase or just maintain their piece of the e-commerce market:
ShopClues.com last week raised $100 million in Series D funding, the largest funding round to date for the managed marketplace site. ShopClues.com has received a total of $116.2 million in funding through five rounds of funding. This latest funding round brings ShopClues.com’s valuation to $350 million. Tiger Global Management led the funding round.
- DataFox Score: 891
- Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
- Total Funding: $116.3 million
- Recent Funding: $100 million
- Investors: Tiger Global Management; Nexus Venture Partners; Helion Venture Partners; Altimeter Capital; Intel Capital; New Enterprise Associates; Sequoia Capital; EMC; Red Hat; T. Rowe Price; Fidelity Investments; Salesforce; Union Square Ventures; Flybridge Capital Partners
eBay is an online auction and e-commerce platform and marketplace that enables people and businesses to buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. Part of eBay’s success has come from PayPal. However, that’s soon to end as last year eBay announced that it would separate eBay and PayPal into independent, publicly traded companies this year. Then last week, an announcement from eBay that an agreement had been reached with one of its largest investors led to speculation that eBay is laying the groundwork for a future acquisition of eBay and PayPal by companies looking to tap the e-commerce and online payments markets.
- DataFox Score: 1198
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Publicly traded
Numerex Corp. provides business services, technology, and products used in the development and support of machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions for the enterprise and government markets worldwide. It offers hardware and smart devices; cellular and satellite network services; and software applications. Customers typically subscribe to device management, network, and application services through hosted platforms.
- DataFox Score: 1132
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Publicly traded
Flipkart is an online shopping destination for India that offers more than 20 million products across more than 70 categories. Flipkart has 26 million registered users that clock more than eight million daily visits. Flipkart's technology has enabled the company to deliver five million shipments per month.
- DataFox Score: 1123
- Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Total Funding: $2.35 billion
- Recent Funding: $600 million in November 2014
- Investors: DST Global; Naspers; Tiger Global Management; Qatar Investment Authority; T. Rowe Price; Steadview Capital; Greenoaks Capital Management; Baillie Gifford; Iconiq Capital; GIC
Snapdeal, one of India's largest online marketplaces, features best priced deals on branded products like mobile phones, electronics, computer peripherals, apparels, cosmetics, perfumes, watches, bags, sunglasses, footwear, kitchenware and more. It has been rated as the number 1 e-commerce site in India by Dataquest/Sapient E-commerce Survey 2011.
- DataFox Score: 1122
- Location: New Delhi, Delhi
- Total Funding: $1.6 billion
- Recent Funding: $627 million in October 2014
- Investors: SoftBank Internet and Media (SIMI); Tybourne; PremjiInvest; Myriad; BlackRock; Tybourne; PremjiInvest; Myriad; Temasek Holdings; Intel Capital; Ru-net; Saama Capital
OLX is an online classifieds platform that enables its users to create ads and display them on social networks. The platform enables its users to design ads with pictures and videos; control their selling, buying, and community activities in My OLX; display their ads on social networking profiles; access the site from their mobile phones; and view OLX accounts in their local languages. The company offers its services in the United States and internationally. It operates as a subsidiary of Myriad International Holdings B.V.
- DataFox Score: 1029
- Location: New York, NY
- Total Funding: $28.5+ million
- Recent Funding: Undisclosed amount in August 2010
- Investors: Nexus Venture Partners; Founders Fund; DN Capital; Bessemer Venture Partners; and General Catalyst Partners
Egully deals in the following product categories: books, mobiles, cameras, DVD players, movies, music, gifts, apparels, toys, and imported products office.
- DataFox Score: 873
- Location: Delhi Sabzimandi IND
- Total Funding: $50,000
- Recent Funding: $25.7 million in December 2008