Insights from the expertsKyle Lacy, head of marketing strategy at OpenView Venture Partners, shares his conversation about marketing in startups with Meghan Keaney, VP of marketing at HubSpot, in HubSpot’s Meghan Keaney on the Right Time to Build Out Your Product Marketing Team.
Alex Hisaka, head of global content marketing at LinkedIn, demonstrates how to engage your customers without going overboard in The Art of Being Insightful without Being Creepy.
Mark Suster, general partner at Upfront Ventures, shares a great discussion with sales masters on diversity in tech startups in The One Video Every Silicon Valley Investor Should Watch.
Leslie Ye of HubSpot explains how working out, eating breakfast, and optimizing your alarm will make your mornings (sort of) bearable in 7 Easy Morning Motivation Hacks to Kickstart Your Day.
David Brock of Partners in Excellence challenges you to redefine archaic sales roles in Inside/Outside, Is It Even Relevant Anymore?
Joseph Mapue of Pipedrive shows how talking about yourself, staying in your comfort zone, and calling it quits when things get rough can actually improve your sales in 8 Unnatural Sales Habits to Help You Close More Deals.
Leah Bell of SalesLoft shares tips for more successful sales calls in How to Leave Meaningful Voicemails, A Sales Tips Video.
David Skok of For Entrepreneurs shares his SaaStr presentation on how to have a successful SaaS business in SaaStr Slides: The Key Drivers for SaaS Success.
SaaStr Special: Panel RecapsOver the next few days, DataFox will be putting out written summaries of all SaaStr Annual panels. From talking pre-nicorns with Jason Lemkin, to learning from New Relic’s founder, to growth hacking with Sean Ellis, we’ve got you covered. Here are our top picks from yesterday’s panels:
- How to Really do Outbound Sales – John Barrows, Owner of JBarrows; Kathy Lord, VP Sales & Customer; Success at Intacct; and Kyle Porter, CEO at Salesloft
- Driving SaaS Success Using Key Metrics – David Skok, General Partner at Matrix Partners, and Alex Konrad, Staff Writer at Forbes
- Bubble? What Bubble? How It’s Different This Time. And How It Most Certainly Isn’t – Jason Lemkin, Founder & Advisor at Saastr, and Mark Suster, Partner at Upfront Ventures
- Building – And Monetizing – A Partner Ecosystem – Neeracha Taychakhoonavudh, SVP Partner Programs at Salesforce; Narinder Singh, Cofounder at Appirio; April Underwood, VP of Product at Slack; and Ilya Fushman, GP at Index Ventures, Dropbox
- Big Arse Companies: Why They Buy from Startups – The Real Stories – Jonathan Lehr, Managing Director at Work-Bench; Tom Carroll, EVP at RR Donnelley; Joyce Shen, Director of Emerging Technology at Thomson Reuters; and Scarlett Sieber, SVP, Open Innovation at BBVA
View all SaaStr summaries on the DataFox blog.