Customer success is becoming invaluable – as Byron Deeter noted, a 1% decrease in churn can lead to an extra $100 million in valuation down the line. In this panel, DoubleDutch chief customer officer Annie Tsai sits down with Gadi Shamia, COO of TalkDesk, to discuss common CS mistakes.
DataFox provides summaries of every single panel at SaaStr 2016, all published within a day of the panel itself. If you miss the tactical theater or strategy stage, are networking on the ground, or didn’t get a chance to attend this great conference, we’ve got you covered.SaaStr for putting on this conference and giving us the chance to publish these summaries.
In a nutshell:
- Customers are a source of valuable feedback. Don’t discount that.
- Avoid bending too much to satisfy non-core customers.
- Build CS into your process early.
- Don’t ignore the sales handoff
- Listen to, don’t just hear, your customers
- Don’t listen to the wrong customers
- Is this person in my core market?
- What does this person know that I don’t about that market?
- Is this use case common in or relevant to that market?
- Separate support and customer success
- They ask about the best way to do something
- They’re up for renewal
- They’re asking “why” and “when” rather than “what” and “how”