According to TechCrunch, Coinbase is seeking to raise $50 million, less than a year after raising $25 million in Series B funding led by Anderson Horowitz. Coinbase's recent round follows closely after funding rounds by other bitcoin startups, including $30 million for Blockchain in October.
5 Bitcoin Startups Raising Funds In The Last 6 MonthsUsing DataFox, we compiled a watchlist of Bitcoin startups to track for new funding, acquisitions, and other Bitcoin news. Here are five Bitcoin startups that have raised funds in the last 6 months.
Blockchain is a web-based bitcoin platform that makes using bitcoin safe, easy, and secure for consumers and businesses worldwide. Blockchain's goal is to facilitate and foster the bitcoin ecosystem through its APIs and commitment to open source software. Blockchain was founded on August 28, 2011, in London, United Kingdom.
- Total Funding: $30.5 million
- Latest Round: $30.5 million in October 2014
- Total Funding: $31.7M
- Latest Round: Seeking $50M in Series C funding
- Total Funding: $3.05 million
- Latest Round: $1.27 million October 2014
- Total Funding: $2.1 million
- Latest Round: $2 million in September 2014
- Total Funding: $60 million
- Latest Round: $40 million August 2014