Moovit, a real time app that allows public transportation riders to plan their trips, raised $50 million in funding this week. The latest funding round was led by Sequoia Capital, Gemini Israel Funds, BRM Capital, Keolis, Vaizra Investments, BMW i Ventures, and Nokia Growth Partners.
Moovit's features include letting users anonymously share their public transport vehicle location and speed. The Moovit app is available in more than 90 cities, including New York, Los Angeles, London, Rome, Madrid, Sao Paulo, Mexico City and Tel Aviv.
6 Moovit Competitors in the Transportation App SpaceUsing DataFox, we compiled a list of companies providing transportation solutions to simplify travel experiences:
By combining transit data with live inputs from the crowd, Moovit gives commuters a complete real-time snapshot of what their trip, as well as suggestions for the fastest, most comfortable routes.
- DataFox Score: 1037
- Location: Ness Ziona, HaMerkaz
- Total Funding: $81.5 million
- Recent Funding: $50 million in January 2015
- Investors: Sequoia Capital; Gemini Israel Funds; BRM Capital; Keolis; Vaizra Investments; BMW i Ventures; Nokia Growth Partners
- DataFox Score: 975
- Location: Menlo Park, CA
- Total Funding: $39 million
- Recent Funding: $20 million in November 2014
- Investors: HomeAway; Redpoint Ventures; Battery Ventures
- DataFox Score: 965
- Location: Berlin, Berlin DEU
- Total Funding: $31 million
- Recent Funding: $27 million in August 2014
- Investors: Hasso Plattner Ventures; Lakestar; Battery Ventures; New Enterprise Associates
- DataFox Score: 901
- Location: Paris-l'hopital FRA
- Total Funding: $535 thousand
- Recent Funding: $399.2 thousand in September 2012
- Investors: Angel
Citymapper Limited develops mobile applications for Android and iOS users. It raised $10 million in funding in April 2014. The app was originally launched to help Londoners navigate the city's bus network. It is now offered in New York and Berlin among other cities.
- DataFox Score: 872
- Location: London UK
- Total Funding: $10 million
- Recent Funding: $10 million in April 2014
- Investors: Balderton Capital; Connect Ventures; Index Ventures; Greylock Partners; SAATCHiNVEST
Go2it's web application integrates planning tools that allow users to plan trips, events and figure out costs. Its features include allowing users to personalize event invitations with video messages; create money pools for trips and events ahead of time; and share photos and videos from trips and events on social networks.
- DataFox Score: 852
- Location: San Franciso, CA
fromAtoB, through an algorithm, allows users of its service to compare costs and trip times of transport types like train, flight, car, carpool, long distance bus, rental car or taxi. Users are shown the exact prices, as well as all other information about the journey.
- Location: Munich, Bayern DEU
- Total Funding: Not disclosed
- Recent Funding: Undisclosed amount in November 2013
- Investors: Seventure Partners