Moovit recently raised $50 million to help it advance its real time app that was created to help people who use public transit. Among the features of the app are tools to help users track arriving buses and trains on a live map. They can also share their route information with friends, and even anonymously share public transport vehicle locations and speeds simply by riding with the app open during their trips. Moovit's services are offered in more than 90 cities including New York, Los Angeles, London, Rome, Madrid, Sao Paulo, Mexico City and Tel Aviv.Find out on which vehicles you can find available seats.
DataFox Top 5 Financial Technology Startups in 2014
BankBazaar.com is a neutral online marketplace that gives users instant customized rate quotes on loans and insurance products. Users can instantly search for, compare, and apply for loans, credit cards and insurance products. On BankBazaar.com, users can easily compare the total costs of the loan offers and get access to unbiased customers' ratings of financial institutions.
- DataFox Score: 1054
- Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Total Funding: $19.00 million
- Recent Funding: $13 million in January 2014
- Investors: Sequoia Capital - Walden International
StockTwits is a social, stock micro-blogging service. StockTwits acts as an open, community-powered idea and information service for investments. Users can eavesdrop on traders and investors, or contribute to the conversation and build up reputation as savvy market wizards. StockTwits takes financial related data and structures it by stock, user, and reputation.
- DataFox Score: 1048
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Total Funding: $8.6 million
- Recent Funding: $4 million in October 2010
- Investors: betaworks, Foundry Group, True Venture
peerTransfer was founded to address the specific money transfer needs of the growing international student population in the United States. To help facilitate the payment process for the student, as well as the reconciliation process for the schools, peerTransfer has developed a secure and efficient solution for international student payments that saves a significant amount of time and money. Users are able to pay in their home currency. peerTransfer is completely free for schools and has been proven to save overhead by ensuring all student information is included in the transfer.
- DataFox Score: 1041
- Location: Boston, MA
- Total Funding: $21.2 million
- Recent Funding: $6.2 million in December 2013
- Investors: Devonshire Investors, QED Investors, Spark Capital, Kibo Ventures, Maveron, Fides Finanz-Investors, Boston Seed Capital, Accel Partners, 500 Hats
Addepar is the platform for anyone managing a complex global portfolio. The Addepar platform connects anyone's financial data in a single, cloud-based repository. Wealth and fund managers use Addepar to understand, interact with and report on that data for colleagues and clients alike.
- DataFox Score: 1043
- Location: Mountain View, CA
- Total Funding: $65.84 million
- Recent Funding: $50 million in May 2014
- Investors: SG VC, Valor Equity Partners, AITV, AccerlerateIT Ventures, ff Venture Capital
TransferWise lets expats, foreign students and businesses move money globally. The firm's pricing and operating model are a substantial departure from standard practice in the money transfer sector, providing customers with a lower-cost alternative to traditional means of moving money internationally. TransferWise is able to avoid large transaction fees because it works as a peer-to-peer money transfer service.
- DataFox Score: 1042
- Location: London, UK
- Total Funding: $32.37 million
- Recent Funding: $25 million in June 2014
- Investors: Kima Ventures, Index Ventures, IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, SV Angel, Seedcamp