Broadview Networks recently mapped the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies in each state. Using DataFox's new location search function, you can find companies or compile lists of companies by city, state, and country.
5 South Carolina Startups Raising Funds in 2013 and 2014
Using DataFox, we generated a watchlist of South Carolina startups that raised funds in 2013 or 2014, and we feature five of these Palmetto State companies below.
BoomTown is a web-based software company offering a robust online marketing system for real estate professionals. BoomTown's system includes a customized real estate website integrated with local MLS data, personalized online advertising and inbound marketing services, a dedicated Client Success Manager, and a cutting-edge sales and marketing system with marketing automation. BoomTown has been recognized for four consecutive years (2011-2014) on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies List.
- Founded: 2006
- Location: Charleston, SC
- Total Funding: $56.2 million
- Recent Funding: $20.1 million in September 2014
- Investors: Adams Street Partners; Susquehanna Growth Equity; Susquehanna Growth Equity
PeopleMatter provides a platform offering a cloud-based talent management system for service industries, such as foodservice, convenience stores, hospitality and retail. PeopleMatter's platform is comprised of four modules: HIRE, with customizable job application form that includes assessments, background checks and tax credit screening, applicant tracking, and onboarding; LEARN, to enable online training to be delivered to every employee; SCHEDULE, which uses labor forecasting to build schedules and can publish shifts to employees mobile devices to enable then to see and trade their shifts; and ENGAGE, which includes performance measurement, communications and employee rewards programs.
- Founded: 2009
- Location: Charleston, SC
- Total Funding: $63.4 million
- Recent Funding: $16 million in October 2013
- Investors: Intersouth Partners; Mo;rgenthaler Ventures; C&B Capital; Harbert Venture Partners; Noro-Moseley Partners Scale Venture Partners; StarVest Partners
Zipit brings critical messaging solutions to task teams across enterprise-level industries such as healthcare, hospitality, government, emergency response, manufacturing, and utilities. Zipit's platform delivers communication that is fast, secure, and always connected.
- Founded: 2007
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Total Funding: $22.78 million
- Recent Funding: $437 thousand in August 2014
- Investors: Upstate Carolina Angel Network; Charleston Angel Partners; Nexus Medical Partners; Windspeed Ventures; Sunbridge Partners; Meritus Ventures; SC Launch
GreenWizard offers a data-driven software platform allowing architects, engineers, and contractors to build greener structures for less money in less time. Green Wizard's platform enables users to analyze and select green building materials based on a wide array of preferences and inputs. The Company employs a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) software model for its process automation tool, communication center, business analytics, and interactive marketplace. The platform allows project participants to navigate and document GreenWizard's comprehensive and up-to-date database of green building products.
- Founded: 2008
- Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
- Total Funding: $5.9 million
- Recent Funding: $4 million in October 2013
- Investors: SCRA; Zygote Ventures; SC Launch
Zubie is a connected-car app and service that makes driving and car-ownership fun and social for consumers. Zubie's app enables easy location tracking of family members, driver-scoring, location-based alerts and private location-sharing. Zubie's paid solution includes the Zubie Key, a small device that plugs into the car and delivers real-time engine health monitoring.